I can hardly believe it has been 7 months 2 weeks and 6 days since we joined the children of promise program and here we are packing for China. We will meet our little boy in 6 days! It still feels a bit unreal actually. So much of this process has been one step forward 3 steps back that I keep waiting for someone else to say we have to wait on another form or approval. We have the supplies and then some. We have the love that has always been within us for our child. What more do we really need, except again the paperwork they ask from us. We will be able to celebrate mothers day and father’s day this year on a whole new level of JOY!! This journey has been so much longer than our “tickers” reveal to you all and it is amazing that it will finally happen. I think I’ll be in a bit of shock for a few days once we receive him. I keep praying it will be a smooth transition for him and not too traumatic leaving his home. I know there will be adjustments on all our parts as we get to know each other and learn to meet his needs.
I am sending love ahead of us to pave the way for easy transitions and lovely travel.
Thanks to all our friends and family for the years and years of support.
With loving kindness
Nancy & Gary
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nancy,
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you! I woke up this morning and the first thing in my mind was you leaving to get Ben. Wow, the day is here! My prayers and thoughts are with you as you step out in this exciting adventure. I will be following your blog the whole way. :0) Yes, if possible could you please take photos of our daughter, Yuan Yuan. Thank you!!!
Karin
(Holt)