Both my men are asleep as I type this. I can hardly believe it is travel day already. I know I have been hoping and praying for this day to come but it felt like time warped last night and here we are. After the little man's screamingfest for 30 minutes last night he slept through the night solidly. His breathing was so good I had to get up a few times to check on him because I could not hear him over Gary's snore. He'd probably say the same about me but some how we are all able to sleep in the same room. I can't wait to be home with Ben in his own room it should make sleeping easier and yet possible harder as he has always had others in his bedroom. The orphanage had 6 cribs per room I believe.
Thanks to everyone who has commented on the blog or sent emails that connection to home has been vital as we felt so isolated and unwanted here in Nanjing.
Today looks to be a sunny dry day and I am glad for that on a plane day but am sad we will not see the parks that sounded so lovely and fun. Gary looked at the schedule for Guangzhou and realized we may not have time to go to the safari park as we had hoped. We really wanted to bring Ben there and get to see a giant panda ourselves.
Lots more paperwork is coming but we have the adoption agreement translation notarized now and his birth certificate. Once we receive his passport today with the family photo on it (awwww) we can leave this city.
Packing was a little frustrating but I think we are ok. Hopefully only one bag may be over weight. I may be having to lug it off the conveyer since Gary has been having a pain in his shoulder when lifting things. Wish me luck baby is making the arms stronger but he does not weight what that RED bag does, not by ½!
This will be a new experience traveling by plane with a child. How do you go through security? I suppose I'll carry him??? Stroller on xray machine??? Well we shall find out soon enough we will leave 1230p. Did we mention the umbrella stroller we found here is the cutest? It has a Mickey mouse sports design.
See you all soon love Nancy
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment