Monday, April 5, 2010

So I’ve been getting reports from NJ on how gorgeous it is there warm dry sunny. This does not match with what we have here. It is warm enough to go without a jacket but damp and foggy each morning and drizzling rain on and off. Today was supposed to be safari day but it is raining with a threat of thunderstorms so once again we are stuck to the hotel and missing a fun outing. We are actually going to see a doctor about Ben’s cough today since I tried stopping the “flu” medicine after the medical check as they suggested and he sounded worse I went back to the medicine but I’m not sure he is suppose to be on it more than a week and I will run out of it before we leave here. It’s been over a week for this cold and though he is better it is not gone yet. Wish I brought the stethoscope to listen to his lungs…nurse mom’s are the worst at this right?

Well yesterday we discovered that if we crawl on the marble long enough the inevitable will happen. We will smack our head really hard and get an egg. Luckily after a longer duration to calm him thab usual, he only had a small bruise, thanks reiki. He was a little groggy at breakfast and nurse mom was thinking oh no not a CT scan in China! Also thinking they are going to look at us with his big egg on his head and say “what have you done to this child!”

Ok if this place caterers to kids so much why are there 2 large areas of hard marble flooring? The carpeted area is smaller and we tried playing a bit on the bed yesterday but then you know the risk in that with the active toddler who throws himself around without conscious awareness of their surroundings. No he didn’t fall of the bed but…

Yes I am a bit of the over protective mommy. He is the first and I’d like to leave china without a tour of their hospitals thanks so much.

We spent time in the playroom yesterday and he was definitely warming up to the room and amount of activity from the older kids. He started crawling around to find stuff on his own so this is a good thing.

Earlier bedtime since the Tea buffet went until 530 and we weren’t hungry enough for a restaurant meal. At bed time he was so tired last night he could barely hold himself up and still wanted to play. Some how I got him in the crib with a toy and a little drama but not much he fell asleep crumpling a paper (low cost toys he loves to play with paper). Still sleeping now and so is Gary. I actually slept 8 hours without waking to check baby breathing as much tonight. YAY!! What will I do when he is in the other room and I can’t just roll over and look in on him? Maybe sleep better once I get used to the monitor???

Ah well new mommy syndrome I know.

Can’t remember if I blogged or Gary did about the shopping extravaganza at Jordan’s yesterday… Many many purchases. I discovered I should have gotten some of the things peddlers were pushing on the street of Beijing as they are more expensive here or not found, like postcards. I had to go to 3-4 shops to find just one set so I will send some to family and friends if I can remember all the addresses oops forgot the address book at home…oh crud well maybe just a few will be sent then for the China postmark.

Overall a good day, I need to stop being critical about some things and just enjoy the last of this trip though it is nearing on 2 weeks now and I long for our softer bed mattress and comforts of home.

With Loving Kindness
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Sleep? What's that? Eventually you'll sleep better...promise. But for now.....caffeine my friend, morning,noon, and night! LOL

    ReplyDelete