Monday, April 5, 2010

There is a Going Home Barbie in my room.

Mattle sponsors the playroom here and gives all adopting parents a present of a Barbie that is holding a little Chinese baby. How sweet is this! Me thinks Ben is going to have to fight mommy for this one.

Well yesterday had its ups and downs and we still prefer to fall asleep on mommy or daddy and not in the crib but we are working on that.

He had a short fit then fell to sleep, about an hour later he was restless and tossing in the crib again it is narrow with wooden bar and he has a great ability to whack into them quite easily. Well he took one turn and crack/scream he whacked his head something awful. The cry changed from frustration to owwwww and mom picked him up. Dad gave me a look but this was different then get me out of here. He was back to sleepy unconsciousness within minutes. (not bad unconscious it startled more than hurt I think and just sounded awful.) What am I going to do with this little mister?

He wakes up as bad as Gary very slow and cranky. Currently he is in my lap as I try to type. He woke up crying and I took him out thinking our day was beginning but he was still quite sleepy and is struggling to figure out how to open those cute curious eyes of his.

The boys could sleep and sleep but here is mom up after 5-6 hours of sleep each night.

Gary wants to go to church today to experience the bilingual service. This should be interesting on many levels as Ben is less than 1 ½ and restless….

Wish me LUCK

Happy Easter everyone and to those who celebrate Passover I am sorry I forgot to wish you well last week.

One of the little boys turns 3y today and they are having a little party today for him after church. I’m going to try and sneak out to get him a little something because what’s a birthday without presents???

There are tons of shops around here to bring home memorabilia for Ben. They do stone engravings as well which are lovely!

I get to go shop for Jade today that should be a fun mommy activity.

Later tonight …

Well this never got posted because it was a bit chaotic this morning getting showered, dressed and out to breakfast with Sir Clings a lot.
It was a sleepy kind of day until we needed to go to bed tonight of course.
Church went well even though it was 1 ½ hours at least he fell to sleep 45 minutes in and slept close to an hour. We were late to the birthday celebration since church was so long. The service was quite lovely with the children’s choir involved and string orchestrations.

It was the quite music during communion that finally allowed him to sleep.

The Jade market was not exactly as I had pictured and I had a bit of a hard time finding things I would like and possible gifts. The last vendor had the best price if you haggled really well. One of the mom’s gave me some tips and I did much better with him. I did not pay initial asking price for any of the pieces, even without her help. I found a pendant that was green jade with the symbols for mother and son for me and a very pretty eternity pendant of purple jade. Though purple is not as sought after I think it is beautiful.

The pearl market was huge. I did not get anything here as I have necklaces from my grandmother and mother in law. No need for additional pearls.

We went to dinner early hoping for an earlier bed time but that plan did not work out so well.

We had our second tub bath and by the end even with hair washing we were ok and giggled a little with the bath toy. So that was a really good transition.
Unfortunately …well…we had something that did not agree with our little system today and mega diarrhea occurred after the bath. Poor Gary was playing with him and I was on the phone wishing my mom a Happy Easter when the diaper overflowed. Gary had his first truly at a loss dad moment. What can you do but wait until the episode ends to change it really. Thankfully they were playing on the marble floor area so no carpet mess. After everyone was cleaned up, I could not stop laughing, at the absurdity of the situation. Exploding butts…well after the stink clears what else is there to do but clean them up and laugh about it. Wish I knew what caused that gastric reaction??? He had Benadryl as a test run for plane day about 20 minutes before this and did not go to sleepy due to diaper issues until over an hour later. I’m thinking Benadryl is not so great for creating sleepiness in this kiddo so I’ll pass on it for the flight.

He was barely able to keep his head up but refused sleep until I put him in the crib and he cried for 6 minutes then out like a light close to 9:30p…bummer I was hoping for 8-830 max but sometimes our best laid plans just don’t work out.

Peace to you all
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy, Gary & Ben,
    The weather here has been beautiful. We deserve it after those terrible rain storms.

    Church was quite filled for Easter. Prayers were asked for your safe travel home.

    Looking forward to seeing all your photos when you arrive home.

    Hope you get to see the pandas before you leave.
    Take care.
    Pat & Carl

    ReplyDelete